Lighter Weight Recyclable Covers
Lightweight & Planet-Friendly
25% lighter than a conventional vinyl cover
Made from recyclable polyester fabric which already contains up to 25% recycled material
Stronger than vinyl and scratch-resistant
Made using the same money-saving insulation as our deluxe covers!
TO GET STARTED Choose Which One of these 4 Size Options You Need
Standard Size Hot Tub CoverAny shape up to 2.44m x 2.44m
Large 3-Section Hot Tub CoverAny shape up to 3.66m x 2.44m
Small 4-Part Swim Spa CoverAny shape up to 4.88m x 2.44m
Large 6-Part Swim Spa CoverAny shape up to 7.32m x 2.44m
What Is Included as Standard?
- Solution-Dyed Polyester Outer Skin
- Light-weight, extremely durable and containing at least 25% recycled material. Available in 5 non-fade colours. Machine cut for precision sizing.
- These skins have a urethane backing and will not absorb water. They are three times stronger than traditional vinyl and, unlike vinyl, these cover skins are 100% recyclable.
- Double Stitching with Heavy-Duty, UV Resistant, Bonded Polyester Thread
- Unlike conventional cotton, the polyester thread used on these covers won’t rot or degrade in the sun and can’t absorb mildew-causing moisture.
- The stiching is twice as strong as on a vinyl cover because the needle is threading between the polyester fibres and not puncturing through the material as it does when vinyl is stiched.
- Manufacturer's seam testing has found that stiched vinyl tears at 204.3 pounds, while the stitched polyester tears at 405.12 pounds.
- Rigid, Polystyrene, Very High-Density Foam In-Fill Board
- In a choice of thicknesses to provide the best insulation qualities whilst keeping the cover weight low.
- Galvanized Steel Centre Channel
- C-shaped steel reinforcing running the entire length of each piece of foam along the hinge to provide strength and rigidity.
- Super-Sturdy Hinge Design
- This design has been automatically tested for 6000 lifts with no discernable wear detected.
- Tapered Shaping
- Covers are sloped away from the central hinge to guarantee adequate rain run-off and prevent sagging
- Reinforced Woven Underside
- The underside of the cover is made with an 11oz reinforced weft from mildew treated PVC coated polythene. Drain holes are added to ensure no water pooling inside the cover.
- 1.25mm Polythene Core Wrapping
- Polythene surrounding the foam is permanently sealed to ensure complete waterproofing. An additional double-wrap option is offered for even geater durability.
- Hinge Heat Seal Pads
- Hinge heat pads ensure no heat loss at the extremities of the hinge where the two cover halves fold together, critical to long-term energy savings. There is an optional full-length hinge heat seal too.
- Gusseted Skirt
- A hot tub cover skirt protects the hot tub shell from the damaging rays of the sun and these skirts are strong enough to be used for lifting the cover. Gusseted skirts hang straighter and have less tendency to bunch-up under the cover, preventing a proper seal between the cover and the hot tub shell.
- Heavy Duty, Reinforced, Pocketed, Zips
- All zips are rust and chemical corrosion proof and enable the foam inserts to be easily removed should they ever need to be replaced.
- Extra-Strong Positioning Handles
- Handles are made from the same material as the cover with internal reinforcement for strength.
- Polyester Tie-Down Straps
- At least 4 tie-down straps are provided with child-proof lockable buckles. The straps are sewn into the cover and onto the skirt to reduce any risk of tearing in high winds. The fasteners can be quickly attached to the side of the hot tub with the stainless steel screws provided.
- A Comprehensive 3-Year Warranty
- A manufacturers warranty that covers both material and workmanship.
What Optional Extras are there?
- Extra Thick Insulating Core
- The prices above are for a minimum 4" (102mm) high density insulating foam, which is tapered down towards the edge of the cover to allow rain to run off. If the cover isn't tapered rain water will pool in the center and before long the cover will begin to sag in the middle. The bigger 3 section hot tub covers and the swim-spa covers are made with thicker foam as standard in some sections so that a continuous taper from the center of the cover can still be achieved whilst keeping the outer extremities of the cover to at least 3" (76mm) thickness. Where possible we offer the option to upgrade to thicker (and therefore higher insulating) foam if you wish. Click through on the buttons above to see the options available for your cover.
- Double Wrapping Around the Foam Core
- The covers are all supplied with heavy duty polythene wrapping surrounding the foam core, which is permanently sealed to ensure complete waterproofing. However, it is this polythene wrapping that is usually the first element to fail on a cover. This is because the polythene is in constant contact with water vapour that contains chemical and the chemical makes the polythene brittle and so it cracks. You can, of course, stop this happening by not using harsh chemicals such chlorine or bromine and switching to one of our kinder and more environmentally friendly watercare solutions. You can also, if you wish, pay a little more to have 2 layers of polythene around the core, which definitely improves the longevity of the cover and is a sensible investment if you want your new cover to last as long as possible.
- Continuous Hinge Heat Seals.
- All the covers are supplied with heat seal gaskets to stop heat loss at the extremities of the hinges where the two cover halves fold together. When the cover is shut, the two halves seal automatically, which is critical to long-term energy savings. If you wish, you can pay a small amount more for a continuous heat seal gasket along the full length of the hinge. If this sounds a little confusing, you will be able to see exactly what it means when you click through to choose your cover.
- Extra Straps and Handles
- Each two-part folding cover is supplied with four straps and two handles as standard. If you particularly want more that's fine, but there is a small additional charge.
- Irregular Shape Cutting
- If you have a strange shaped hot tub (ie not a square, rectangle, circle, hexagon or octagon) don't worry, we can still make you a new cover, but we will need you to supply a template that we can use to cut it and we will charge you a bit extra for doing this.