How to Maintain a Hot Tub with eco3spa
The eco3spa system is a complete, non chlorine water treatment solution developed specifically for hot tubs and spas, rather than swimming pools.
eco3spa comprises blends of non-toxic surfactants and several types of natural enzymes that rapidly start a natural oxidation process and the purification of your hot tub’s plumbing and water. This purification process is further enhanced by the addition of specially formulated, Multi-Function Active Oxygen tablets to kill any harmful bacteria remaining in the water.
eco3spa also contains coconut extracts to soften the water and hydrate you skin. It is non-toxic and will not irritate your skin or eyes.
In order to use eco3spa to sanitize you spa you'll need to perform the following steps:
At Each 3 Monthly Water Change
- Clean the Plumbing:
- Start using eco3spa when you are ready to change your existing hot tub water. The first step is to use Step 1 - Hot Tub Cleaner to remove biofilm and body fats from the pipework and all surfaces of your hot tub. If you are starting with a brand new spa then there will be biofilm growing in the pipework from when the tub was wet-tested in the factory. Similarly, if your hot tub has been left empty it will have been damp, so you still need to complete this step.
- Ensure the tub is full of water to 50mm above all jets and air vents. Open all air inlet valves and centralise any diverter valves.
- Remove any fitted head rests and remove the filter(s) from their housing.
- Tip the bottle of Step 1 eco3spa Hot Tub Cleaner into the water, reserving a small amount of the product to clean the shell of the hot tub and head rests after the flushing process.
- Turn on all jet pumps and air blower, if fitted, and run for at least 60 minutes. It is normal for foaming to occur and dark coloured biofilm particulates to be seen.
- Allow the water to stand for at least 30 minutes and then turn on all jet pumps and air blower, if fitted, and run again for a further 30 minutes.
- Drain the Tub:
- Drain the hot tub. The drained water is safe to empty onto grass or plants.
- As the water drains down, wipe away any visible residue left on the acrylic shell and rinse the surfaces with fresh water. Wipe away any stubborn scum marks by sparingly using a small amount of the reserved cleaner on a soft, clean cloth.
- Rinse away the cleaner well or foaming may occur when the tub is refilled.
- When the tub is completely drained, refill with clean water and clean and replace the filter(s) and head rests.
- Clean the Filter(s):
- Rinse any debris from between the filter pleats under a running tap, or use a specialist filter cleaning adapter on your garden hose if possible. Sprinkle a powedered filter cleaner all over the surface of the filter(s) and place them on the bottom shelf of your (clean) dishwasher. Run the dishwasher on a normal 50ºC wash cycle. If your filter(s) won’t fit in the dishwasher then soak them overnight in a suitable container, again using a powdered filter cleaner, then rinse them thoroughly.
- Allow your filter(s) to dry naturally before replacing them in the tub. This is important because the filter material will last much longer if it is allowed to thoroughly dry between uses. Filters can take a very long time to dry so it’s a good idea to keep a spare set and to rotate them each time you clean them.
- Refill the tub with clean water from the tap. Do not use softened water.
- Add the eco3spa Step 2 Water Conditioner
- Use eco3spa Step 2 - Water Conditioner immediately after cleaning your hot tub with eco3spa Step 1 - Hot Tub Cleaner and filling with fresh water.
- Turn on all air and water pumps and add 300ml of Water Conditioner (for hot tubs up to 2,000 litres).
- Add Step 3 Sanitising Tablets
- Add 2 Water Sanitiser Tablets in either a floating dispenser or add them directly to the filter compartment. They will dissolve very quickly. Ensure that they have fully dissolved before using the hot tub.
- Every time you use the tub, or weekly
- Prior to each hot tub use add an additional Step 3 sanitising tablet to the water.
- If you haven't been using your spa you just need to ensure that you add at least 2 tablets each week.
- Monthly or As Required
- Clean your filters are described above.