Hot Tub Filters
Our hot tub filters are manufactured from Reemay® polyester media with no bonding agents to restrict filtration efficiency. They are specifically designed and engineered for high efficiency water filtration.
Our filters feature:
straight, sharp and evenly spaced pleats for maximum dirt holding.
durable polyurethane end caps to provide strength and assure proper sealing where required.
evenly spaced holes in centre core for even distribution of flow through the cartridge.
Many of our filters are also supplied with an optional Microban® coating. Microban® antimicrobial protection inhibits the growth of bacteria and reduces staining, odours and degradation of the filter surfaces. Microban® hot tub filters are easier to clean and also stay fresher between cleanings.
Why Buy a Microban Filter?
Microban protection makes filters easier to clean and keeps them cleaner and fresher between cleanings
The high temperatures and a wet environment of a hot tub makes unprotected filter surfaces a target for the growth of bacteria. Our microban filter cartridges are manufactured from Reemay Advantage™ filter media with built-in Microban® antimicrobial product protection. This material combines 100% polyester synthetic fibres with Microban antimicrobial technology to filter out contaminants and inhibit the growth of bacteria - making sure your water is always perfectly clear, clean, and pure.
Microban protection continuously fights the growth of damaging microbes such as, bacteria, mould and mildew that cause stains, odours and product degradation
Microban Hot Tub Filters Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is Microban® antimicrobial product protection?
- Microban® technology is built-in antimicrobial protection for solid products, coatings and fibres. It gives products an added level of protection against damaging microbes such as, bacteria, mould and mildew that can cause stains, odours and product deterioration.
- 2. How do products with Microban® antimicrobial protection work?
- Microban® protection is built-in to the product during the manufacturing process. When microbes come in contact with the product surface, Microban protection penetrates the cell wall of the microorganism and disrupts cell functions disabling the microorganism’s ability to function, grow and reproduce.
- 3. What types of microorganisms does Microban® protection work against?
- It is effective against most common bacteria, yeasts, moulds and fungi, but Microban technology is not designed to protect users from disease causing microorganisms.
- 4. Does Microban® protection begin working immediately?
- Microban® protection begins to work as soon as the microorganism comes into contact with the product surface. It then works continuously to maintain a consistently lower bio-burden than would be expected on a product without Microban® antimicrobial protection.
- 5. How long does Microban® protection work for?
- The Microban® antimicrobial product is compounded into the fibers at the time of production which makes for a sustained and even release of antimicrobial protection throughout the life of the filter.
- 6. Does the use of antimicrobials cause resistant strains of microorganisms?
- No. After more than 30 years of use in numerous consumer, industrial and medical applications around the world, there has been no evidence of resistant strain development.
NB. Microban filters are not a substitute for normal water treatment, you still need to use a sanitizer!